Can it be summer already? Maybe we’re not quite there yet, but we just couldn’t wait to break out one of warm-weather favorites: clam linguine. To get maximum oomph out of this recipe, pair with a bottle of white wine. We also suggest throwing a picnic blanket on the beach and slurping up this deliciousness while watching the sunset. Very romantic and very summer.
Fresh Clam Linguine
1 pack linguine noodles
2 large cans clams
Small half bottle white wine
5 cloves garlic
1 tin anchovies
Bunch of finely chopped Italian parsley
- Chop up garlic. In a large sauce pan heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and throw in chopped garlic and tin of anchovies.
- Cook until anchovies are dissolved in oil.
- Add half a bottle white wine to sauce mixture.
- Reduce sauce by half.
- At the same time, cook pasta separately in a large pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and juice from clams to sauce.
- Cook for another five minutes.
- Add clams to sauce and cook for another two minutes.
- Add finely chopped parsley.
- Drain pasta and add to pot of clams and sauce.
- Stir lightly, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
- Yield: 6 servings
Visit our website at TopShopSB.com.